If you would like to read the blog posts in the order they were written, see the left sidebar for a chronological listing of posts.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Here is the two-minute presentation in "first person."

Now, here is the story in first person, where the prospect has not asked you for a presentation yet.

You: Just checking if you got the (ebook, cd, magazine) okay. And, if you are like most people, you haven't had a chance to read it yet. (Prospect relaxes.) Good luck on reviewing the material, and if you don't mind, I'll get back to you in a week or so in case you have any questions. (Prospect relaxes more.)

And, I got a good story. Takes about two minutes. Might make you a lot of money, might not. Want to hear it?

Prospect: Yes.

You: If you never had to go to work again, would that be okay?

Prospect: Sure. As long as I get a paycheck. (Prospect is creating a vision in his mind.)

You: Well, I felt the same way. My job interferes with my life, I can't get the time off I need, and I spend hours commuting every day. So I decided to start some sort of home-based business so I wouldn't have to spend all of my time at the job until age 65.

I got figuring ... I only need about $60,000 a year to replace my take-home pay, so I went looking for a business.

You know how a lot of people are always dieting, drinking energy drinks like Red Bull, and a lot of people take vitamins and are interested in natural health?

Prospect: Yes.

You: There is a company called Vitamark that has cool versions of these products that people really like. They have some cookies that dieters love to eat to manage their weight, an energy drink about 1/3 the price of Red Bull, but gives you a better buzz, and lots of vitamins and healthy things people buy from them all the time.

So let’s go to page 15 of this Freedom Magazine. Hmmm, it says that to earn $60,000 a year, I would need approximately 300 people using the Vitamark products, and then I'd never have to go to work again.

Now, I don’t know how to get 300 users of the products now, but I can learn. Hey, I learned to drive a car, learned to be a parent, learned how to do email, and I can certainly learn a SYSTEM to get 300 people using the Vitamark products. (This takes away the objection of I don't know how to do it, I don't know anyone, etc. Many people believe they have to know how to do everything before they even start learning.)

So I got thinking, what’s going to be easier?

Going to work every weekday for the rest of my life, fighting traffic, warehousing the kids in day care, and begging for the time off for vacations?

Or learning a SYSTEM to get 300 people using Vitamark products?

No comments: